One free consultation. This does not obligate you to choose me to be your doula. This is a time for us to be become acquainted and for us to explore your labour and birth preferences.
- Two prenatal visits. This is a time for us to go over your birth preferences and go over effective coping techniques. I also want get to know you (and your partner) and learn how we can work together during labour and birth. These visits are tailored to you, if you are planning a hospital birth or a home birth I will guide you to a birth where you feel supported and encouraged.
- On call 24/7 beginning two weeks before your due date and ending two weeks after your baby is born.
- Labour support as soon as you need me. This includes effective non-medical support techniques including physical comfort measures and emotional support. It is always my goal to maintain a calm and peaceful birth environment for my clients. I can also help you get the information necessary to make informed decisions during labour
- I remain with you once active labour has begun until one or two hours after your baby is born. During this time I can assist with breastfeeding and ensure you are comfortable and settled before I go home.
- I can take photographs through labour, birth and immediately after your baby is born if you request (non professional)
- Make two postpartum visits within two weeks after the birth to review your birth experience, assist with breastfeeding and offer emotional support.
Cost: $700 – Due in two installments, $350 before your first prenatal visit and $350 at 38 weeks pregnant.
As above but add:
- One more prenatal visit to learn more about birth and practice coping techniques.
- Use of my Mama Tens Machine for pain relief.
- One more postpartum visit to help you settle in and adjust to life with your new baby.
Cost: $930 – Due in two installments, $465 before your first prenatal visit and $465 at 38 weeks pregnant.
If a Doula were a drug it would be unethical not to use it. – Dr. John H. Kennell