- One free consultation. This does not obligate you to choose me to be your Doula. This is a time for us to be become acquainted and for us to explore your labour and birth preferences.
- Two prenatal visits (at least one in your home). This is a time for us to go over your birth plan, explore management options including the use of pain medications. I also want get to know you (and your partner) and learn how we can work together during labour and birth.
- On call beginning two weeks before your due date and ending two weeks after your baby is born.
- Provide early labour support as soon as you need me.
- Effective non-medical support techniques for labour and birth.
- Provide physical comfort measures.
- Provide emotional support.
- Strive to maintain a calm and peaceful birth environment.
- Help you get the information necessary to make informed decisions during labour.
- Take photographs during labour, birth and recovery if you request them. (non professional)
- Remain with you once active labour has begun until one or two hours after your baby is born. During this time I can assist with breastfeeding and ensure you are comfortable and settled before I go home.
- Make two Postpartum visits within two weeks after the birth to review your birth experience, assist with breastfeeding and offer emotional support.
Cost: $700 – Due in two installments, $350 before your first prenatal visit and $350 at 38 weeks pregnant.
If a Doula were a drug it would be unethical not to use it. – Dr. John H. Kennell